This is a detailed guide on the best VPN for iPhone and iOS devices.
In this post, I will show you all you need to tighten up security on your iPhone and iOS devices.
A quick overview of what you will learn includes what VPN is and how you can make use of VPN on your iPhone and iOS devices.
I will also share with you the best VPN providers you can trust for your devices and what makes them the best.
What Is A VPN?
VPN is an acronym for Virtual Private Network. VPN is a network that allows its users to create a secure private connection to another network over the Internet.
A VPN helps to make your activities online anonymous. In simple language, a VPN helps you to connect your devices.
This can be your PC, smartphones, iPods, tablets, etc, to another computer (i.e a server) on the internet.
It allows you to browse the internet with an Internet connection from that computer (server).
If it happens that this server is in a different country, the connection will appear like you are connecting from that country.
Using VPN will also enable you to bypass a number of things you would have been restricted from, and doing things you ordinarily wouldn’t have been able to do.
You may not fully understand why this is necessary until you know more about the benefits you could enjoy from it.
5 Reasons To Use A VPN
You may not be very familiar with how VPN works, but not to worry u got you covered in this article.
There are many reasons to use a VPN for your iPhone and iOS devices. Here are 5 reasons to use a VPN for your iPhone and iOS devices.
1. To Bypass geographic restrictions
If you have ever been restricted from enjoying a particular service online because of your location, you would understand what this means.
A particular website may give you a report such as “service not available for your region” or other messages like it.
VPN will let you bypass such restrictions by:
- Hiding your IP address.
- Preventing Internet Service Provider (ISP) bandwidth throttling through the use of encryption.
- Making it impossible for ISPs to block you because ISPs can’t block VPNs.
2. To Watch streaming media like Netflix.
Streaming media like Netflix and Hulu can be accessed easily and with no stress when you use VPN.
3. To protect you from harmful and untrustworthy Wi-Fi hotspots
VPN can help you to protect your device from harm.
4. To hide your real location.
You can keep your real location secret with the use of VPN.
5. To Hide Your Online Activities.
VPN will Make it hard for advertisers and online snoops to monitor your online activities.
Learn more on why you need a VPN here.
Now you understand what VPN does by now, let’s find out which VPN is best for iPhone and iOS devices?
List of 5 Best VPN For iPhone And iOS Devices
If you are an iOS user, you would know that Apple is one brand that comes with a high level of security.
There is no need for gainsaying over the reputation the company has for ensuring safety and maximum protection for all its Products.
Do apple devices support VPN?
Yes, it does, because connecting to a VPN gives them increasing optimum security. Although with the best VPN for iPhone, because not all VPNs can be trusted.
Below is a list of the best VPN for iPhone and iOS devices.
ExpressVPN is one of the best VPN for iPhone devices. ExpressVPN has very high regard as the best overall VPN, and such is what you need for your online maximum security.
ExpressVPN as a Virtual Private Network provider boasts of a very large server network (with 160 server locations in over 90 countries).
ExpressVPN is fast and performs excellently on varying platforms and browsers.
Some of the benefits of Express VPN are:
- It provides VPN for iPhone and iOS devices. And it stands out in the following ways:
- It has a very easy-to-use VPN.
- It is void of complexity and difficulties.
- ExpressVPN has a user-friendly interface.
- It focuses on smart server selection via different filters.
- With just a single tap, a user can connect to ExpressVPN and use it without hitches.
- It offers utmost privacy and a Security Tools menu.
The security menu has some interesting features like:
- One that helps to check your connection.
- The options it gives to display your current IP address and location or not.
- A feature that checks for DNS and WebRTC leaks and generates secure passwords.
- It accesses streaming platforms like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Hulu easily.
- It offers 24/7 customer support services via chat or emails.
NordVPN is one of the best VPN apps for iPhone and iOS devices. NordVPN provides a superb VPN for iPhone and iOS devices.
It offers exquisite services among which are:
- Its a user-friendly environment.
- Its industry-standard 256-bit encryption.
- An automatic kill switch that automatically disconnects your computer, phone, or tablet from the internet if your
- VPN connection drops out.
- Double data encryption that passes your data through two separate VPN servers.
- An auto-connect feature that connects to the VPN automatically. you don’t need to connect manually whenever it detects you are using an untrusted network.
NordVPN is a network provider that will offer you almost all you need while using a VPN for your iPhone and iOS devices.
Surfshark is a very affordable VPN for iPhone and iOS devices. It’s iPhone VPN app gives you multihop connections and prevents ads and malware.
Surfshark is a great VPN and one of the best choices for your iPhone and iOS devices. Some of the benefits that come with Surfshark’s services are:
- Surfshark is simple to use.
- It is user-friendly.
- It has a dedicated kill switch. (I explained what a kill switch is earlier).
- It gives 24/7 customer support service.
4. Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access is also one of the best VPN for iPhone. This VPN gives a moderate blend of charges and Service provided.
It is a super-fast VPN with over 3,000 servers in 48 countries.
Private Internet Access VPN is sublime and one of the best you can make use of for your iPhone and iOS devices anywhere in the world.
- A summary of their offer is that:
- They offer an easy-to-use streamlined system via their app.
- They have an effective kill switch.
- The cost of their services ranges moderately.
- It supports OpenVPN, IKEv2, and the speedy WireGuard protocol, with the 256-AES encryption.
- It provides ad and malware blocking.
- Private Internet Access is still on the rise as it recently added about 15,000 servers to its network. And presently serves as the biggest mainstream VPN with that.
- It offers 24/7 customer support service.
- It unblocks popular websites and apps.
Windscribe is another great VPN for your iPhone and iOS devices.
Windscribe is a network that goes beyond basic VPN protection and can take your browsing history to the grave.
Windscribe provides maximum security by encrypting your browsing activity, blocking ads, and unblocking entertainment content.
Windscribe is so appealing to iOS users for its excellence.
A few of the benefits Windscribe offers are:
- Very fast connection.
- Excellent in unblocking geo-restricted websites and apps.
- Very suitable for streaming platforms.
- A free version for newcomers.
- It encrypts every browsing activity.
- It blocks ads and malware.
- It supports OpenVPN and speedy WireGuard protocol.
For better browsing and streaming experience on your iPhone and iOS devices, the best Virtual Private Network provider is what you need.
That will be all on the best VPN for iPhone and iOS devices.
Hope this was helpful?