This is a detailed guide on how to convert airtime to cash.
People all around the world purchase airtime every second of the day to communicate with one another.
Sometimes, someone might gift you a huge amount of airtime, or you might mistakenly recharge your phone with an amount of airtime more than you planned for, and would wish to convert the airtime back to cash.
Sadly, not many persons know that they can convert the airtime on their phone to cash. Yes, it can be done with any of the mobile networks in Nigeria.
If you wish to learn how to easily convert airtime to cash on any network in Nigeria, this guide will help.
In this guide, I will be showing you the various platforms to convert your airtime to cash. But before that, let me quickly show you some of the benefits of converting your mobile credit to cash in Nigeria.
- Converting airtime to cash enables Individuals to make money from their excesses through over recharging of an account.
- It allows and enables bill payment and transactions through Airtime.
- It allows the conversion of accumulated airtime to cash.
- It enables you to convert your airtime gifts to cash.
5 Best Platforms To Convert Airtime To Cash
Here are Five platforms that allow you to convert your Airtime to Cash in Nigeria.
With Amevng you can convert your airtime to cash easily. Amevng enables you to convert MTN, AIRTEL, GLO, and 9MOBILE airtime to cash, the money is sent to any bank account in Nigeria.
Things to know before converting your airtime credit to cash with Amevng.
1. The minimum airtime credit that can be converted to cash for all network is N1000
2. There is a conversion fee and it varies for different networks;
- MTN – 25 percent
- AIRTEL – 30 percent
- 9Mobile – 35 percent
- GLO – 32 percent
3. For every airtime credit converted to cash, a conversion fee will be deducted from your money.
4. It takes about 5 to 15 minutes to get your cash into your bank account, although network may sometimes cause delay.
Steps to convert airtime to cash with Amevng
1. Choose your most preferred method
- Through WhatsApp or
- Via Text message
2. Send a message containing your network and the amount you want to convert to cash to 08148130108 for text message 08094254255 for Whatsapp.
3. Send your Bank details after you receive the go-ahead message.
4. Transfer the airtime immediately using the transfer code for each network.
Your money will be sent to your bank account within 5 to 15 minutes of your transactions.
Visit the Amevng website here.
Aimtoget is one of the fastest and most reliable means to convert your mobile credit to cash. It allows you to convert MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, and 9MOBILE Airtime instantly into your bank account.
Things to note when converting your airtime to cash with Aimtoget are:
- The minimum and maximum transaction limit per day is 200NGN – 900,000NGN
- Payment to your bank account is within 5 minutes after your transactions, sometimes the network may cause a delay.
- Aimtoget Conversion rate is cheap.
Steps To Convert Airtime To Cash With Aimtoget
1. Register using the Aimtoget application or on the Aimtoget website
2. Go to ” Fund wallet ” and select the airtime option
3. Select network, then input amount and phone number you are transferring from
4. Transfer the airtime to the number that will be displayed on your screen
5. Confirm your transfer
To withdraw your money into your bank account:
- Go to withdraw on the mobile application or website
- Input amount to withdraw
- Input your bank details
- Finally complete withdrawal
AirtimeFlip is known to be one of the fastest converters in Nigeria. They coverts airtime from all network available in Nigeria to cash. This includes MTN, AIRTEL, GLO, and 9MOBILE.
Things to note when converting your airtime to cash with Airtimeflip are:
1. The minimum transaction limit varies for the networks. MTN – NGN750, AIRTEL, GLO, and 9MOBILE -NGN1000.
2. Conversion fee varies for networks, and they are as follows.
- MTN – 25 percent
- AIRTEL -25 percent
- 9MOBILE – 30 percent
- GLO – 25 percent
3. Bank charges apply for only MTN transactions, and it is NGN100 per transaction.
4. Bank alert is 15 to 30 minutes after withdrawal is confirmed.
Steps To Convert Airtime Credit To Cash Using Airtimeflip
1. Register on the Airtime flip website or download the AirtimeFlip application on Google play store.
2. Login with your email and password
3. Fill in the necessary information, the network you want to convert, the amount to be converted to cash, bank account details, phone number for airtime conversion.
4. Submit your request.
An ID and phone number will pop on your screen for you to transfer the airtime credit to. Do it as soon as possible.
5. You get your alert within 5 to 20 minutes after your airtime transaction.
Cheetahpay is an online platform that enables you to convert airtime to cash easily. Cheetahpay is one of the fastest and reliable platforms to deal with.
You can choose to convert your airtime to cash or sell it to the platform.
Some of the things to note when using Cheetahpay are:
1. The maximum amount that can be converted is unlimited. you can transfer any amount you want.
2. Cheetahpay converts all networks in Nigeria at a discount rate.
3. Bank alert is received after about 5 minutes of airtime transaction.
4. A user is entitled to just one account
5. A fee of 50NGN is charged for any withdrawal less than 4000NGN
6. Conversion fee varies.
- MTN -20 percent
- AIRTEL -25 percent
- 9MOBILE – 28 percent
To open a Cheetahpay account, all you need to do is follow the simple and easy steps below.
1. Register on Cheetahpay using their website or mobile application
2. Click on the deposit bottom on your dashboard
3. Select your deposit mode
4. Supply your necessary details and fill the form according
5. Transfer the airtime, using the code for the network you want to transfer
6. Check your Cheetahpay balance after few minutes for a balance update.
7. Finally request for withdrawal. Alert is usually seen few minutes after withdrawal request.
Zoranga is a technology platform that serves both personal and business customers. They Accept payment with airtime, easily convert airtime to cash, and accept donations with airtime.
You can also convert airtime pin to cash or airtime loaded on your phone to cash. The transaction is easy and fast.
Zoranga charges 35 percent on all deposits made to your bank using your MTN line while AIRTEL, GLO, and 9MOBILE attract a 32 percent charge on all deposits.
No fee is charged for bank transfers
Steps to convert airtime to cash using Zoranga
1. Register on Zoranga using their website or download the mobile application on the Google play store
2. Deposit the airtime to the platform using the network code you want to convert to cash
3. Fill in the necessary details like the amount you want to transfer and submit your bank account details
4. Refresh the page to know if your airtime transfer was successful
5. Withdraw the money into your bank account.
Also See: Top 11 Best African Apps for Nigerians
Codes To Transfer Airtime In Nigeria
Below are the codes to transfer airtime for MTN, Airtel, 9Mobile, and Glo
How To Transfer Airtime On MTN
You can transfer airtime from MTN to another MTN line using the MTN Share ‘N’ Sell service. To Transfer airtime using the MTN Share ‘N’ Sell service dial *600*phone number*amount*pin#
For instance, if you want to send 5000 NGN airtime to 07039×××××× and your pin is 1234. Dial
*600*07039××××××*5000*1234# and send.
How To Transfer Airtime On AIRTEL
Transferring airtime from one Airtel line to another Airtel line is very easy. All you have to do is dial *432# and follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
How To Transfer Airtime On 9MOBILE
To transfer airtime on 9Mobile, follow the steps below.
Dial *223*pin*amount*phone number#
Note that 9MOBLIE has a transfer limit of 20,000NGN per day.
How To Transfer Airtime On GLO
To transfer airtime on Glo, follow the steps below.
Dial *131*phone number*amount*Pin#
The daily limit for GLO transactions is 6000NGN with 1000NGN as the maximum amount per transaction.
That’s all on how to convert airtime to cash in Nigeria. Hope this guide helps?