Owning a house in Nigeria is one of the best things that can happen to you.
How do you go about it when you have limited funds?
You simply run to housing loan providers to hastily bring your dream to reality.
In this article, we have carefully selected the top mortgage banks in Nigeria to help you in your housing loan decision.
Top Housing Loan Providers In Nigeria
Housing loan providers are also known as mortgage institutions/ mortgage banks in Nigeria.
Mortgage banks in Nigeria give loans to people who are interested in purchasing, constructing, or renovating their homes but do not have adequate funds.
These loans offer to people are expected to be paid on installment monthly or annually depending on the agreement.
Most times loans are paid with interest and many housing loan providers in Nigeria vary in loan rates and loan requirements.
However, It is very crucial to choose the right housing loan provider when considering a loan to bypass the problems and wrong financing agreement that would be to your detriment.
In this article, we have carefully selected the top mortgage institutions to choose from for your loan needs.
1. First Bank Nigeria
First bank is one of the top mortgage banks in Nigeria that offer flexible home loans to boost the financial capability needed to construct or renovate your house.
FBN Housing loan cannot be accessed by just anybody, you must have a verifiable steady flow of income to be granted a housing loan.
Moreover, the minimum loan amount on a mortgage in FBN is one million naira and the maximum loan amount is fifty million naira.
FBN loan tenure runs for the maximum of 20 years subject to 60 years retirement age.
However, before you access any loan from FBN you have to have an account with them.
The various types of home loans offered by FBN are
- Outright purchase
- Construction Mortgage
- Home Equity.
Document needed to access FBN housing loans
To access a housing loan, you must present the following documents
- Offer Letter from the vendor/owner
- letter of application
- Home Loan application
- letter of Introduction from an employer
- Current tax clearance and current tenement receipt, payslip.
- Valuation report if it is an old house.
- Letter of awareness and irrevocable domiciliation where necessary.
- Bill of quantity if it is a construction home loan.
- Copy of the title document to enable a legal search
How To Apply For FBN housing loan
To apply for FBN housing loan, you must
Download the Auto Loan Application Form
Fill the form and submit at the nearest FirstBank branch
Learn more at https://www.firstbanknigeria.com/
2. Platinum Mortgage Bank Ltd
This is one of the top mortgage banks in Nigeria that provides loans to finance the construction of residential real estate and single or multiple family units for their residence.
The interest rate for a housing loan from PMB is considerable. It is as low as 6%.
How To Apply For PMB Housing Loan
To apply for a PMB housing loan, you can visit the nearest branch with the below-listed requirements.
You may also download a hard copy application form at https://www.pmbl-ng.com/page/open/account to apply for PMP housing loan.
Requirements For Getting Loan From PMB
- Passport Photos
- valid identification card—Drivers License, National ID, or International Passport
- Utility Bill ( not more than 3 months old)
Platinum Mortgage Bank is located at 61, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro Abuja.
Learn more about PMB at https://www.pmbl-ng.com
3. Abbey Mortgage Bank PLC
Abbey mortgage bank has a product known as Abbey home account for Nigerians with a stable flow of income who want to own houses.
Abbey home account is formulated to allow clients to develop a savings culture.
It is a no-withdrawal savings account that enhances access to mortgage facilities from Abbey after a certain period.
Moreover having a savings of up to 20% of property value in six months makes an applicant eligible for all Abbey’s mortgage finance solutions
Benefits of Abbey Home Account
- You can start with a minimum opening balance of N6, 000, N10, 000, N50, 000, or N100, 000 for bronze, silver, gold, and platinum categories respectively.
- It offers a flexible deposit option (daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly.)
- It encourages Joint Savings for couples.
- It offers zero commission on turnover.
- It allows the deposit of other banks/dividend warrants.
Requirements For Opening Abbey home Account
- Two (2) recent passport photographs
- Completed account opening form
- Duly signed Signature Specimen
- Minimum opening amount
- Proof of Identity— copies of Driver’s License, International passport, National I.D Card, and Voter’s Card.
- Utility Bill issued in the last 3 months—PHCN, Water, LAWMA, etc.
- Two completed reference forms
Learn more about Abbey home account at https://www.abbeymortgagebank.com
4. Jubilee-Life Mortgage Bank
Jubilee-Life Mortgage Bank is one of the top mortgage banks in Nigeria
whose activities have extended beyond Nigeria to meet the needs of Nigerians in other countries.
It is a reliable mortgage bank that offers safe, viable, and affordable housing needs.
They encourage all classes of people in the country to own a house by providing innovative and affordable mortgage products and services to low-middle income earners.
Moreover, Jubilee-Life Mortgage Bank Plc is birthed out of a kingdom mandate by the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) to assist serious-minded people to own a home.
Additionally, The bank has its operations centered on core values of professionalism, integrity, and excellence. Their products include Jubilee Home Owners Account, Jubilee Home Plan, Jubilee House Rent, etc.
Requirement For jubilee mortgage loan
To access a mortgage loan, the following conditions must be met:
- Equity contribution of 30%.
- The property or land to be bought must have registered title documents.
- In the case of building/construction, a bill of quantities must be submitted.
- Valuation to be carried out by the Bank registered valuer and cost borne by the borrower.
- Legal search will be carried out on the property by the Bank’s legal department at a cost to be borne by the borrower.
To learn more visit https://jubileelifeng.com
5. ASO Savings & Loans PLC
ASO Savings & Loans is a primary mortgage institution regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria under the Mortgage Institution Decree No. 53 of 1989 to carry out the business of mortgage banking in Nigeria.
They have a product known as home finance.
It is a Residential Loan that is obtained to finance the buying of a real estate/landed property which is for residential purposes only.
The house type can be for a single-family or a multiple-family unit.
Features of Aso Home Finance
- Civil Servants – 10%
- Other Employees – 20%
- Self Employed – 30%
- The maximum duration of 10 years
To learn more visit https://www.asoplc.com
6. Infinity Trust Mortgage Bank PLC
Infinity Trust Mortgage Bank offers a variety of mortgage products with flexible terms.
The bank is bent on providing decent and affordable accommodations to Nigerians who want to own houses. Each of their product attracts an interest rate of 6% only.
Their mortgage products are:
- Infinity Mortgage Finance Scheme (IMFS)
- National Housing Funds Scheme
- Infinity Bridging Mortgage Finance (IBMF)
- Infinity Homes Ownership Investment Solution (I-HOISt)
Document Required To Secure ITMB Housing Loan
- Submission of completed NHF application form.
- Evidence of income through submission of 3 months payslips.
- Submission of the income statement of account if self-employed
- Tax clearance certificate for the last 3 years
Learn more at https://www.infinitytrustmortgagebank.com
7. Haggai Mortgage Bank
Haggai mortgage bank is one of the top mortgage banks in Nigeria.
Haggai bank believes that house building shouldn’t be for eternity and that’s why they come up with an interesting product is known as Haggai house completion to aid those struggling to build their houses build faster.
Haggai house completion product can be accessed by Corporate organizations and employees, Churches, Employees of reputable organizations, and Business people with a regular income.
Requirements for accessing Haggai house completion loan
- Open an account with HMB with a minimum deposit of N20,000.00
- Operate account for 6 months
- Save up to 30% of the bill of quantities amount
- Submission of a bill of quantities by a registered quantity surveyor
- Submission of copies of layout and survey plan on the site
- Submission of copies of approved drawings (building plans)
- Detailed (stage by stage) schedule of works
- Submission of copies of available title documents
Features Of Haggai house completion loan
- The customer will only contribute 30% of the project cost
- HMB will fund the balance of 70% of the project cost.
- Applicants must have a steady source of income to cope with repayments.
- Property must have valid title documents.
- Property financed is used as collateral.
- Residential properties financed under this scheme will have insurance cover.
Read more about HMB at https://haggaibank.com
8. FHA mortgage bank
FHA mortgage bank is dedicated to providing mortgage facilities to individuals and corporate bodies towards financing acquisition, renovation, and development.
They have many offers to help their clients own houses in any part of the world.
Their loan duration is thirty years depending on the age of the applicant and the duration in service.
Importantly, no more queuing at the bank, the form is available online, you can fill and submit it at the comfort of your home.
Learn more at https://www.fhamortgage.gov.ng
9. UBA Mortgage
UBA is one of the top mortgage banks in Nigeria. The UBA homes mortgage options are organized to help you own your home conveniently.
The available mortgages they offer are:
- Developed Home Purchase
- Land Acquisition
- Home Construction
- Home Renovation
- Existing Mortgage Refinance
Benefits Of UBA Mortgage
- Loan duration of up to 20 years
- Loan Amount up to 80% of property value liable to an absolute amount of N70m for properties in Lagos.
- Loan Amount up to 80% of property value liable to an absolute amount of N40m for properties in Abuja, Enugu, or Port Harcourt.
- Access to salary advance, asset finance, and mortgage
- Freedom to pay back the loan in full without a prepayment penalty
- Monthly or annually pre-agreed repayments terms
- Payment with Interest is allowed after completion for properties under construction
Learn more at ubagroup.com/nigeria/mortgages/
10. Access Mortgage Advantage
Access Mortgage advantage offers a financial solution for the acquisition of real estate—residential or commercial properties—to individuals or corporate with a verifiable source of income in Nigeria or abroad.
Repayment of this loan may be monthly or quarterly. However, for high-income earners who earn annually and semi-annually, their repayment can follow the same pattern.
The available mortgages they offer are
- My first home mortgage savings plan
- Easy home mortgage
- Off-plan mortgage
- Home equity loans
Learn more at Access Mortgage Advantage