This is the complete guide on MTN MoMo agent in Nigeria.
MTN MoMo agent which means a Mobile Money agent is a platform introduced by MTN that allows people to send money, receive money, and pay bills throughout the country.
With the MTN mobile money (MoMo) platform, one can easily send and receive money anywhere in Nigeria, without having to own a bank account.
If you wish to learn how to become a MoMo agent in Nigeria, or how to send and receive money using the MTN momo agent, this guide will help.
In this guide, I will show you how to become a MoMo agent, how to fund your MTN momo account, and how to send and receive money via MTN momo agent.
How To Become MTN MoMo Agent
MTN momo agent recruitment is ongoing.
MTN Mobile Money agent earns MTN momo agent commission each time they successfully carry out a mobile money transaction.
In this section, I will guide you on how to become a momo agent in Nigeria.
To become a mono agent in Nigeria, follow the guide below.
- Ensure you meet the below requirement for momo agent.
- Visit any MTN office close to you, and pick the momo agent registration form.
- Alternatively, you can download the Momo agent application form here.
- Fill the momo agent registration form and submit back at the office
- MTN momo agent will contact you to confirm if you meet the requirements.
After your momo agent has been created, you can now proceed to fund your momo agent account.
Not sure where MTN office is in your location? Here is a list of all MTN offices in Nigeria, and their addresses.
MTN MoMo Agents Requirements
There are certain requirements you must meet before you can become a Momo agent in Nigeria.
Before you can become an MTN momo agent, you must:
- currently have a business or must be interested in investing in an agency business.
- have a shop in a fixed and busy foot location.
- have a valid means of identification. e.g, National ID, Driver’s License, International passport, or Voters card.
- 1 Passport Photograph
- have an initial capital of N20,000 and above
How To Create A Momo Agent Wallet Using Your Phone
Aside from the above method of becoming a momo agent in Nigeria, you can also become a momo agent, by registering as an MTN momo agent using your mobile phone.
This method is very easy, as it does not require you to go to any MTN office.
You can do the registration with your phone, provided your MTN number is registered with your correct registration details (i.e. Your Correct Name, Date of Birth, and Bio-Data).
When you create a MoMo agent wallet using your phone number, your phone number will be converted into a momo agent account.
This will enable you to store funds, send and receive funds, and also pay bills (i.e. utility, electricity, recharge cards, television, e-pins, etc.).
To create a momo agent wallet using your mobile phone, follow to guide below.
- On your mobile phone with a valid MTN Sim, Dial *502#
- A prompt will ask you to approve your SIM Registration Details to be used to open your momo agent wallet.
- Select 1 to approve and continue.
This will create your momo agent wallet, and an SMS will be sent to you that looks like this:
Congrats, [your name] Your MoMo wallet has been opened . Your Phone number 080*******09 is now your account number
This confirms your wallet has been created. You can now proceed to fund your Momo agent account.
How To Fund MoMo Agent Account In Nigeria
After you open an MTN momo agent account, you will not be able to carry out any financial transactions until you have fund your MoMo account.
You can fund your momo account directly from your bank, using your mobile banking app.
You can fund your MTN momo account from your Access bank mobile app, GTB mobile app, and other banks’ mobile apps.
Funding your momo account from your mobile app is very easy. In this section, I will guide you on how to do that.
To fund your MTN momo account, follow the guide below.
- Open your bank mobile app or online bank.
- Go to Transfers (same way transfer money to someone else).
- Select transfer to Other Banks, a list of banks will be shown to you.
- Simply search or scroll down and select AccessYello and Beta.
- Enter the amount you which to fund.
- In the place of the account number, enter your MTN number that was used to register for momo agent, without the first zero. E.g instead of 08031212121, enter 8031212121.
- Enter your PIN and submit.
The amount will be successfully transferred to your Momo account.
If you noticed, the above procedure is the same way you make a transfer to friends and relatives using your mobile banking app.
The only difference is that, in this case, the bank you will choose is AccessYello and Beta, while the account number is the MTN number that was used to register for the momo agent, that you wish to fund.
Also, remember to omit the first zero, when entering the number.
How To Check MTN MoMo Agent Account Balance
You can easily check your MTN momo agent account balance from your phone using the momo agent USSD code.
To check your momo agent account balance, follow the guide below.
- Dial *502#
- Select 5
- Enter your momo wallet pin
Your MoMo wallet account balance will be displayed on your phone screen, and also sent to you as SMS.
How To Send and Receive Money Via MTN MoMo Agent Outlet
You can easily send and receive money through a momo agent in Nigeria.
How To Send Money Through A MoMo Agent
To send money through a MoMo agent in Nigeria, follow the guide below.
- Locate any MoMo Agent closest to you.
- Give the agent the cash you wish to send, and the receiver’s phone number.
- Once the agent sends the money, you will be sent a 5 digits control number, while another 5 digits control number will be sent to the receiver of the money.
- Give your own 5 digit control number to the receiver.
- Inform the receiver to go to any momo agent close to him, and receive the money.
All the receiver needs to do is to present the 5 digit control number you gave him, and the one he received from the agent, and the money will be given to him.
How To Send Money From A MoMo Agent
You can receive money from a momo agent that has been sent to you by your friend/relative through another momo agent.
To receive money from a Momo agent, follow the guide below.
- Visit any momo agent outlet close to you
- Give the momo agent the 5 digit control number sent to you, and the one given to you by the sender.
- The momo agent will give you the cash.
Also See: How To Contact MTN Nigeria Customer Care
How To Locate A Momo Agent In Your Location
You can easily find a momo agent in your location.
To locate the nearest MoMo agent to you,
Option 1: Text AGENT to 64625.
Option 2: Text Agent LGA/State to 64625 (e.g Ikeja/Lagos to 64625).
An SMS will be sent to you that contains the list of the agent close to you.
Option 3: Look out for MoMo Agent Available Here Sign.
That’s all on MTN momo agent in Nigeria.
I hope this article was helpful?