This is a detailed guide on how to check MTN balance, both airtime and data balance.
MTN is one of the fastest-growing and most recognized telecommunication networks in Nigeria, and Africa.
When it comes to making phone calls and surfing the internet, a lot of persons prefer using MTN in Nigeria.
Every MTN user purchases MTN Data and MTN Airtime on a daily basis, and after doing that they definitely want to check whether their MTN airtime balance or data balance has been updated with their current purchase.
Sadly, not every MTN user knows how to check MTN balance.
If you wish to learn how to check MTN balance, both the MTN airtime balance and MTN data balance, this guide will help.
How To Check MTN Balance
MTN has different USSD codes to check data or airtime balance. In this section, I will show you how to check MTN balance, for data and airtime.
How To Check MTN Airtime Balance
To check your MTN airtime balance, simply dial *556#, and your MTN balance will pop up on your screen. You will also receive an SMS with your MTN airtime balance.
Alternatively, if you have the MTN mobile app, you can simply open it to check your MTN airtime balance.
How To Check MTN Data Balance
To check your MTN data bundle balance follow the steps below.
- Dial *131#
- Select option 3: Balance Check
Your MTN data balance will be displayed on your screen.
Alternatively, you can also check your MTN data balance by simply sending 2 as SMS to 131. E.g, SMS 2 to 131.
Also See: How To Become An MTN Momo Agent
MTN Tariff Plans
MTN has different tariff plans, and if you are using MTN, you are definitely in one of these plans.
If you don’t know your MTN tariff plan, simply just dial *123*1*2# or dial *123# and follow the instructions to check your current MTN tariff plan.
Below are the various MTN tariff plans, and how to check their data and bundle balances.
1. MTN mPulse Plan
MTN mPulse Prepaid is a basic prepaid plan that allows Pre-Teen and Teen customers between the age bracket of 9 and 15 years to enjoy Special data bundles, Special Birthday reward, lots of other exciting offers and National calls at 15.36k/secs.
It is a tariff plan made for educational purpose only and to be used by students, although parent are allowed to sign up to monitor their wards activities.
To check your MTN mPulse special data plan, you can use either the below methods:
- USSD code – Dial *344# and follow the instructions
- Dial *344*2*2#.
2. MTN XtraValue
MTN XtraValue tariff Plan is a plan that rewards you with airtime for National SMS & calls, International calls to some selected destinations, and volumes of data for browsing after subscribing to any XtraValue Bundle plan.
XtraValue gives you two choices:
- XtraTalk (this bundle gives you more airtime than data).
- XtraData (this bundle gives you more data than airtime).
To check your MTN XtraValue data bundle balance and expiry date dial *559*61#
3. MTN Xtra Special Prepaid
MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid is a special plan that allows you to enjoy a flat rate of 15.36k/sec for calls to ALL networks in Nigeria and to twelve (12) selected international countries from the very first seconds.
Benefits of MTN Special Prepaid
Below are other benefits of the MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid Plan.
- 6GB monthly data bundle at N2000
- 3.75GB monthly data bundle at N1500
- 1.5GB 14-day data bundle at N750
- 10MB Data Bonus on First recharge of the month
You can check your data balance by sending 2 to 131 or Dial *131# and select 4 to show your data balance.
For airtime, dial *556# to check your airtime balance.
4. MTN Awufu4U
Awuf4U is an offer that will reward customers with 400% airtime bonus on every recharge from N100 and above. It also gives 275% on every recharge between N1 & N99.
This offer is available to ALL MTN Prepaid and Post-paid customers.
To get the Awufu4U offer simply recharge using the special code *888*PIN# or via VTU.
You can check your MTN Awuf4U account balance by dialing *559*14#
5. MTN True Talk Plan
MTN TruTalk is a prepaid tariff that allows you to enjoy FLAT rate of 11.26kobo/sec for calls across all local Networks in Nigeria after paying a daily access fee of ₦7.17.
All MTN Prepaid customers can migrate to the MTN TruTalk tariff plan.
Benefits Of MTN Truetalk
Below are some of the benefits of the MTN Truetalk plan.
- A flat rate of 11.26kobo/sec for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks in Nigeria after paying a daily access fee of ₦7.17.
- FREE migration EVERY time you migrate to MTN TruTalk.
- Access to all MTN products & services
To check your airtime balance on MTN True Talk tariff plan, simply dial *556# and it will be displayed on your screen. You can also use MyMTNApp to check your airtime balance.
6. MTN Beta Talk
MTN BetaTalk is a prepaid tariff plan that rewards you with 250% airtime bonus on every recharge from N1 and above. It also offers special data bundles: 40MB at N50 and 250MB at N200.
Benefits of MTN BetaTalk
You get to enjoy the following benefits when you are on MTN BetaTalk plan:
- 250% bonus airtime on every recharge of N1 and above.
- Special bundles: 40MB for N50 and 250MB for N200
You can check your main account and bonus balances by dialing *556# or via MyMTNApp.
To check your data balance:
- Via SMS: Text 2 to 131
- USSD code: Dial*131*4# for your main data balance, dial *559*63# for data bonus balance.
- Via MyMTNApp
7. MTN Pulse
MTN Pulse tariff plan is a prepaid tariff plan that allows you to enjoy a flat rate of 11k/sec & 11.26k/sec for calls across all local Networks in Nigeria after the first 60 seconds call of the day at 25K/sec 25.6k/sec.
With MTN Pulse, You Talk more, Laugh more, and Love more.
Also See: How To Convert Airtime To Cash On All Networks In Nigeria
You can check your mtn weekly data plan balance by dialing *131*4# (main account) and *559*63# (bonus account) Or you can just text 2 to 131 to receive all data balance(s) including bonus as SMS.
8. MTN Yafun Yafun Start Park
YafunYafun is a special tariff plan that rewards New MTN customers with lots of benefits after registering and activating a new SIM card.
Benfits Of MTN Yafun Yafun
Once you buy, register, and activate a new SIM card, you get to enjoy the following benefits on the MTN Yafun Yafun plan:
- 700% bonus on every recharge of N100 and above, 400% of the bonus will be used for National Voice Calls and SMS WHILE 300% of the bonus will be used for Data on all websites.
- N500 Activation bonus: N400 for National Voice calls/SMS and N100 for all Data activities
- 100% Data Bonus on selected Data activations, plus other exciting offers.
N500 Activation Bonus
To check your N500 activation bonus balance, dial *556# or 559*43#
700% YafunYafun Bonus
- Dial *556# to check your main account balance and airtime bonus.
- Dial 559*43# to view details of the bonus (total bonus, earliest bonus to expire, and expiry date)
- Dial *131*4# OR Send 2 to 131 to check your data bundle and data bonus.
9. Xtravalue Carte
MTN XtraValue Carte tariff plan, allows you the flexibility to mix and match your bundles from a rich bouquet of National, International, Roaming Voice & Data services to form a personalized bundle after subscribing to any XtraValue Carte bundles.
All MTN Prepaid and Post-paid customers can activate the XtraValue Carte bundles.
You will enjoy the flexibility of mixing and matching any of the below bundles:
- Voice Bundle (National On-net and Off-net calls/SMS)
- Data Bundle (Browsing all websites)
- DD Bundle (selected international destinations)
- Roaming Voice Bundle (Voice/SMS)
- Roaming Data Bundle (Browsing all websites)
You can check your XtraValue Carte main airtime balance, bundle balance and bundle expiry date by Dialing *556# or via MyMTNApp.
That’s all on how to check MTN balance, MTN airtime balance, and MTN data balance.